If you’re like most people, you probably think you know everything there is to know about Franklin Roosevelt. But did you know that he was the first president to name a woman to his cabinet? Or that he had polio and used leg braces for the rest of his life?
Did you know…that FDR was elected four times as President of the United States? That’s right – no other president has ever been elected more than two terms in office. He served from 1933-1945, during which time he led America through both World War II and The Great Depression. And although it wasn’t easy, Americans were able to overcome those difficult times because they trusted their leader completely. They knew he would do whatever it took to make sure they came out on top in this fight against adversity. His leadership skills are still studied today by business leaders who want to learn how best to motivate others under pressure or when facing challenging circumstances themselves. It all started with one man whose vision helped guide our nation into a new era of prosperity after years of hardship and struggle…and we can thank him for being an inspiration not only here at home but around the world as well!
- Franklin Roosevelt was born in 1882 in Hyde Park, New York
- He served as a lieutenant in World War I and was injured during battle
- He was the only U.S. president to be elected four times
- In 1921, he became the Assistant Secretary of the Navy
- Roosevelt was diagnosed with polio in 1921 and used a wheelchair for the rest of his life
- FDR served as president during some of the most challenging times in American history, including the Great Depression and World War II
- He is known for his New Deal program, which aimed to get America back on its feet economically
- He helped create the New Deal program to get America out of the Great Depression
- FDR also helped establish the United Nations and played a key role in ending World War II
- He died in 1945 after suffering a stroke
The Surprising Security Detail FDR had During his Presidency
The surprising security detail FDR had during his presidency Franklin D. Roosevelt was the 32nd president of the United States, and he served from 1933
FDR’s Rise To Power
Franklin D. Roosevelt was one of the most influential presidents in American history. He was elected to four terms in office, and his policies helped
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Franklin Roosevelt
If you’re like most people, you probably think you know everything there is to know about Franklin Roosevelt. But did you know that he was
What is the Federalist Papers?
The Federalist Papers are a series of 85 articles or essays written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay. The papers were published between
America’s Greatest Presidents: Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Top Achievements as President
Born on January 30, 1882, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was America’s 32nd president. Often referred to as FDR, Roosevelt served four terms in the federal government
Examining FDR’s Love for Architecture in Detail: A Case Study of Warm Springs
Franklin Roosevelt revered his Hudson Valley Dutch heritage and often declared Hyde Park as his real home. However, Hyde Park had rivals such as Washington,